The world is getting digitized at a swift pace. And the priorities and businesses are changing with it.
Streaming your gaming videos on Twitch is pretty good, but the question is how to enable VODs on Twitch? And why?
However, Twitch is a swiftly growing game streaming platform, but still, it is far behind Youtube, which is why streamers also post their videos there.
This article will discuss how to enable VODs on Twitch on both your computer and your cell phone. Let’s begin.
Why Should You Enable VODs on Twitch?
If you have turned the VOD on, this makes it easier for your faithful and regular viewers to watch your streams anytime.
When they somehow missed the live session. The better your content is, the more views your saved videos will get.
Furthermore, you can also increase your subscribers by enabling only your subscribers to watch your saved streams.
So, if some black sheep only watches your videos and doesn’t subscribe, guess what? Now they have to.
Saved streams/videos also make it easier for you to make pieces of your videos according to your desire.
How to Enable VODs on Twitch?
The Twitch app has its own VOD (Video On Demand) or Save Past Broadcast that you can access on both your computer and your cell phone.
However, the settings of this feature keep changing. This article will talk about the latest ones.
keep in mind that your videos are only saved for about 2 to 8 weeks and not more than that. But there’s a way to do it permanently.
How to Enable Twitch “Save Past Broadcast” on PC
1. Access your account on Twitch.
2. On the upper-right side of your screen is your Profile Picture Click on it.
3. Select the Settings option.
4. After opening settings, select the Channel & Videos option. A new page will open.
5. On the left side of the screen, select the Settings option and then click on Stream.
6. Look for the VOD Settings section and turn the Store Past Broadcast option on. You’re good to go!
How to Enable Twitch “Save Past Broadcast” (Android Or IPhone)
1. Use any browser to access Twitch and Log in to your personal account.
2. On the upper-right side, you’ll see 3 dots Click on them. Look for the Desktop Site option in the suggestions, and Enable it
Your mobile will now be in desktop screen mode.
3. Choose your Profile Picture icon and look for the Settings option.
4. After opening Settings, choose the Channel and Videos tab.
5. A menu will appear on the left side of the screen. Click on Settings and then on Stream.
6. Look for the VOD Settings section and turn the Save Past Broadcast button on. You’re good to go!
You can now record and save your streamings for 2 to 8 weeks. Depending on your subscription bundles.
This is how to enable VODs on Twitch. Now, let’s see how you can check your saved streams.
How to View My Saved VOD or Broadcast in Twitch
1. Access your personal Twitch account on either your computer or desktop-screened mobile.
2. Select your Profile on the upper-right section and open Settings.
3. Now on the left side, a menu will open. Select Content then Video Producer.
4. You can now see all your Saved Streams for 15 to 60 days.
But why only 60 days? How about you save it permanently? Let’s see how.
How to Save VOD permanently on Twitch
There’s a way to perform this task, but you’ll have to put in some effort by following some steps.
1. Access your account, Select your Profile, and open Creator Dashboard from the options.
2. Select Content and then Video Producer from the menu on the left side.
3. You will see an option Highlight in front of all your saved streams/videos. Select the Highlight option.
4. You will enter the Highlight Editor, where you can save your complete streams.
5. Extend the Drag Box to cover the complete stream video from below your screen.
6. Now, select the Publish Highlight option, and your stream video will start uploading.
7. After completing other formalities like tags, titles, descriptions, select the Save Changes option.
You are good to go! We have covered how to enable VODs on Twitch on mobile and desktops.
And how to permanently save your streams/videos on Twitch.
How do Highlights Help My Channel?
This helps increase your subscribers, sometimes when you are not even live streaming if your channel is found randomly.
We have discussed how to enable VODs on Twitch on desktop (PC), how to enable VODs on Twitch on mobile.
How to view your saved streams/videos, how to save your streams for a long time, and a couple of other things.
I hope you find what you are looking for. Good luck. Thank you.